Sunday, February 26, 2023

New edition of Magnus Liber Sigillorum!

 

As most of my readers know, I published an English  translation of parts of my Hebrew treatise (Sefer Chotamot Rabba) of Jewish magic as Magnus Liber Sigillorum back in 2018. 

I am pleased to announce that a new, expanded second edition is now available!! (Actually available for several months now, but for various reasons I didn't have time to make a public announcement)

This edition now includes more sections translated, indexes of topics, angelic and divine names, corrections to the (very few) printing mistakes in the first edition, page numbering and as a bonus, my treatise on magical rings, Behold With This Ring!

Available in two editions: Regular hardcover and Clothbound hardcover with dust jacket

Clothbound hardcover with dust jacket

In addition to the above link for the clothbound hardcover with dust jacket, it is also available from Barnes and Noble HERE and on Amazon HERE







7 comments:

  1. Hi rabbi. I just got the new edition, and it is truly a valuable add to my collection. My question is, some of the amulets require you to say a paragraph. 1. Is there somewhere to find the the Hebrew incantation?
    2 is it possible to get the Hebrew original version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Avraham, glad to hear you're enjoying the sefer. To your 1st question: which section number in the book are you referring to? In response to question #2: I am working on having the original Hebrew published. This is a big endeavor and will probably many months before it's available for purchase. I will most definitely post an update when it's ready. Kol tuv

      Delete
    2. For example #227 and 201

      Delete
    3. I bought a second copy so i can read at home and work. Its a true masterpiece. Its like you took the best parts of shoshan yesod olam and added a ton of info to it and made the mona lisa of practical kabballah. To anyone reading this, you need this sefer/ book on your shelf it is a must have. One more question some names of the malachim have the letter "I" in it. It doesn't mention I in the intro. Can you tell me what letter it corresponds to?

      Delete
  2. Hi rav Cohen. I have been studying some seforim on practical kabballah and I keep coming across the abbreviation ע"א ayin aleph at beginings of paragraphs. Any chance you can help me figure out what it stands for?
    Ty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ע"א = עוד אחרת
      The abbreviation means "another one", i.e. another variant formula or ritual for an above mentioned cause.

      Delete
  3. HI! Just swinging by to comment. I found you through the glitch bottle podcast and it's nice to have found someone out here online discussing jewish mysticism and occult through a jewish perspective :) hoping to see more content from you in the future. Take care!

    ReplyDelete